10 Year Warranty Scheme
GoldShield covers years 3–10
You will have protection against any major inherent defect in the structure of your home. An inherent defect is defined as a fault present, but not known at the time of purchase. Below are some of the things you will be covered for but to the full list of things that is included in the cover is specified in the Home Owner’s Warranty Cover document.
Windows & Door Frames
- PVCu Frames (10 years)
- PVCu External Doors (10 years)
- Glazing Units (5 years)
- Including the seals within their units, but not those surrounding them
- Installation of the tiled roof
- Roof trusses
- Flashings, valleys and hip
- Roof insulation (not including vermin damage) where part of another claim
- Timber Joists
- Softwood frames
- Insulation (except damage from vermin or plumbing leaks)
- Flooring and skirting boards
- Wall frame
- Fascia and soffits
- Underfloor insulation
Registering your new home
- Unless the owner of the park your property is sited on completes the process for you, it's your responsibility to ensure your GoldShield warranty is registered.
- If it's your responsibility to register your warranty, when you purchase your home, you should receive a Home Owner's Application Form, or you can contact us to obtain one. You will need to complete this form and send it to us within 90 days of purchasing your home.
- GoldShield will send you a Home Owner’s Registration Pack including a certificate confirming your cover and a copy of the Rules and Regulations. Make sure you keep this in a safe place as it will be needed if you ever wish to make a claim.
We can also offer you our premium park home maintenance packages:
All of your annual obligations
carried out by a fully trained inspector
Goldshield Canexel Care for homes with Canexel finish
with annual wash and cleanse
Goldshield Care Plus
All of the benefits of Goldshield Care
+ much more
inspection of your property to identify any issues that could affect your GoldShield warranty
Goldshield Total Care
All of the benefits of GoldShield Care Plus
+ the cost of the paint
GoldShield Registered Parks
The first thing that you need to do is confirm that the park is registered with GoldShield before you purchase your home.
Contact GoldShield on 0191 258 8124
to confirm this or go to our park finder map.